How to trap a raccoon
As cute as they are, raccoons are wild animals that can carry diseases or parasites that can be harmful to the health of your family or pets. At Capital Wildlife Control, we use more humane techniques to avoid the extermination of raccoons.
Why raccoons enter homes
The reason raccoons love being so close to people is because our cities, yards and homes are places where it's easy for them to find food and a safe, dark and quiet place to nest. That's why we recommend that you make your home inhospitable to raccoons.
5 tips to keep raccoons away
- If tree branches are too close to your house, make sure you have them cut down by specialists.
- Remove anything that might make it easier for raccoons to climb up your house, such as a ladder or vines.
- Make a regular visual inspection of your roof and look for weak spots in the aluminum soffits.
- Make sure your garbage and compost container closes tightly.
- Recognize the main points of entry into a house used by raccoons
The best way to trap a raccoon
In Quebec, raccoons are a protected species. Furthermore, at Capital Wildlife Control, we have developed techniques to trap raccoons in the most humane manner possible, in order to avoid the need for an exterminator. It is for these reasons that we strongly recommend that you call in specialists to capture a raccoon that has managed to enter your home. These specialists will then be able to release the animal in a more appropriate environment.